As we near the end of 2013, I’ve been looking back at the past year. Some truly amazing things have happened in the last 365 days. When looking back, it seems like time flew by, but, at parts, I felt like time couldn’t pass quickly enough. Here’s a short run-down of the highlights:
- I got engaged to the love of my life. No doubt the highlight of next year will be getting married in September and our honeymoon in Greece.
- I exited the personal training industry, worked briefly in digital advertising, and landed a dream job at Automattic working on customer support for WordPress.com.
- Unlike 2012, where I published quite a few articles on fitness, I only published a handful in 2013. I’m okay with that. I was also able to get my hands dirty with some editing as well to expand my horizons. (For future reference, I’m posting all articles I’ve written here from now on.)
- I crawled out of what seemed like a mountain of debt and got on a much better path financially.
- I sold a lot of my stuff and learned how to be happy with less.
- I decided to make my health a priority and signed up for a coaching program called Scrawny to Brawny
Here’s what I’m hoping to write when I look back on 2014:
- Strengthened my relationship with Charlotte. With the wedding, I’m sure we’ll have our moments of disagreement, but I’m also beyond excited to start a new chapter of our lives together.
- Eliminated all of my student loan debt
- Read four books a month (alluded to this here)
- Learned to code and built a new theme for this blog
- Picked up a new offline craft to pursue seriously. (Currently, I’m thinking photography.)