I write one blog post per week centered around a few main topics I’m curious about:
Most of the topic ideas come from personal experience or ideas I’ve picked up through books, presentations, or other blog articles.
If you’re curious, the full list of all recent posts below. Or, when in doubt, use search.
All Articles by Date
Scroll down to browse all of my articles by date and title. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- Feb 08 A Checklist to Follow After Success
- Feb 01 What Does “Buy In” Really Mean?
- Jan 17 2018 Retrospective
- Jul 12 How to Effectively Delegate and Avoid Stealing Success From Your Teammates
- Jun 28 Juggling Roles
- Jun 21 Humility and Curiosity
- Jun 14 How (and Why) Do You Protect an Idea?
- Jun 07 Do Hard Things With Good People (and Other Life Maxims I’ve Borrowed)
- May 03 Why You Should Be Obsessed With the Frontline of Your Business
- Mar 22 The 3 Foundational Roles of Successful Leaders
- Mar 15 The Toxic Tandem in Leadership
- Dec 28 Create More Value Than You Consume
- Dec 13 Building a Photo Site With GatsbyJS Part 3 – Building the Header
- Dec 11 Building a Photo Site With GatsbyJS and the WordPress.com API
- Nov 06 Troubles and Triumphs When Re-Building Our Customer Onboarding Process at WordPress.com
- Sep 28 Building a Rock Solid Career Reputation
- Sep 20 We Should All Be a Bit Angry
- Sep 14 A Comprehensive Look at How to Give Better Feedback
- Sep 07 Be Unnecessary (And Two More Tricky Leadership Principles)
- Aug 31 The Failure of Kodak: Why New Ideas Feel Risky
- Aug 24 The Planning Fallacy: Why We Overcommit And How to Stop
- Aug 17 You’re Not That Great (aka How to Stay Grounded)
- Aug 10 How to Avoid Decision Fatigue by Setting Default Habits
- Aug 03 What’s your creative advantage?
- Jul 26 How to Kickstart a Feedback Culture on Your Team
- Jul 20 Moving Up the Care Personally Axis (Radical Candor)
- Jul 06 Do You Raise the Average?
- Jun 29 Here’s a Wacky Exercise: Try Writing Your Own Eulogy
- Jun 22 The Unpracticed Art of Receiving Feedback
- Dec 19 The Importance of Self-Learning and 5 Key Steps to Put Into Practice
- Oct 30 5 Lessons I’ve Learned From One Year at Automattic
- Oct 07 A Day in the Life of a Happiness Engineer
- Sep 04 How to Make Better Decisions Based on Science
- Sep 01 How to Become More Creative
- Aug 28 Define Success on Your Own Terms
- Aug 25 How to Improve Your Reading Retention on Any Device
- Aug 21 How to Force Yourself to Improve
- Aug 18 The Power of Posture & How to Improve It
- Aug 14 Using Constraints to Make Better Decisions (Like Walking Away From $2 Million)
- Aug 11 The Benefits of Doing Nothing (and Why You Should Do It More Often)
- Aug 07 What A Workout Does to Your Brain