I had a ton of fun reading books and sharing notes and highlights on Goodreads and here on the blog in 2016. I’m hoping to continue the reading trend in 2017, and I’m going to make an effort to really dive into one topic at a time for several months in a row.
For the first few months of 2017, I’m going to dip my toe into marketing. Here are some books that I have on my list (suggestions are welcome!):
- The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More
- Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
- Purple Cow, New Edition: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
The goal is to get a more broad understanding of marketing in general that I can apply both with Automattic and Drink for Pink.
Here’s the experiment part: I would like to make this reading process a bit more social! If anyone is interested, I’d like to get 3-4 other individuals together for a sort of remote book club. We could read the books above (again, up to debate) together from Jan-Mar and chat about them through either text, voice, whatever we decide as a group.
If you’re interested, shoot me an email at jeremeylduvall – at – gmail.com or ping me on Twitter (@jeremeyd). Please only do this if you’re going to do the reading. Even if no one volunteers to join me, I’m going to do the reading anyway so there’s really no downside.